Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited June 2016
  • Silvanus said:
    The Hiram McDaniels is because I have 5 powers, all one use, and he is a dragon with five heads. It was Ushaaras prediction. That's why he included the note in parentheses. I am Hiram McDaniels, and I used my investigation power on Kira last night.
    And?  Don't leave us hanging!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    He was aeoned. So he didn't get a result yet.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Kiradawea, the Hallifaxian, aeoned Silvanus/Hiram McDaniels so that his action will actually happen this night. Assuming that he is still alive tomorrow, he'll be able to corroborate what Kira said. 

Also, Kira, if you have stuff about your role that you haven't said yet, you should probably keep it a secret. Depending on how much information Silvanus gets from his investigation, you guys may be able to corroborate each other's claims.
    So I'm going to make some waves and provide a counter option for today. I do think we should lynch a Lusternian, to gain information.

First, let's look at our alleged Lusternians, in order of reveal:
    1) @Krackenor, the Nihilist 
      -Confirmed via use of Gorgulu-esque executioner power on @Lavinya on Day 2
    -Confirmed via use of lichseed on @Ushaara on Night 1

2) @Falmiis, the Spiritsinger
    -Confirmed via use of spirit-related roleblock on @Sylandra (me) on Night 2

3) @Kiradawea, the Aeonist
    -Confirmed via use of aeon on @Falmiis on Night 1
    -Confirmed via use of aeon on @Silvanus on Night 2

Some of these players are most likely town. Currently, people seem most interested in lynching Krackenor.

Here's an argument for not lynching @Krackenor: he is the closest thing to a protector that we have left. Isn't that worth letting him stay alive, at least long enough to see how the lichseed works on Ushaara? Of all the powers above, his is honestly the most useful for town.

The one that looks least useful for town, actually, is @Kiradawea's.

Now, I don't think Kira's choice of aeoning Falmiis means much of anything, except that if one of these two is mafia, the other likely isn't.

Meanwhile, aeoning @Silvanus was a bit odd to me. Kira is very versed in mafia. That she would be so surprised that a Jack-of-All-Trades role exists seems really odd to me, because even though they haven't appeared on these forums, they're hardly an unheard of role. Silvanus's claims are also harder to bluff successfully, even moreso when you announce them before you take the action. We now know he can doublevote, he can kill, he can investigate. Hiram McDaniels is a pretty solid town claim that matches Silvanus's actions, but more importantly, these are useful skills. Very useful pro-town skills. And they might make a mafioso nervous, particularly since he's most likely our only investigator left.

Aeoning in general is something that is mainly an irritant to townies, I'd argue. Aeoning a roleblocker, aeoning a vigilante, etc, they all buy time for the mafia to do the things they want to do in the night. And if it's mafia-aligned, it's especially dangerous to town. Moreso than a roleblocker, I'd argue, because you can't switch targets on whim. And here's a question: why would town need both an aeon-user and a roleblocker? The powers are too similar, imo.

Another odd thing: Kira has been pretty harsh on Krackenor for executing Lavinya. Was he hasty? Yeah, I can see that, sure. But let's remember who started the lynch train. I voted first, yes. But Kira was the one who voiced suspicion of Lavinya, and she seems to act like she had no part in her death, and is indeed astonished that the death even took place.

In a scenario where Kira is mafia, and Krackenor is town, Krackenor is a remarkably super easy scapegoat. And I'm suspicious of hopping on scapegoats too quickly, particularly after finding out they have really useful pro-town abilities that actually might have saved a townie (!).

So let's pretend for a moment that we have the option where Silvanus can investigate either Falmiis or Krackenor tonight if we lynch Kiradawea today. And by "let's pretend," I mean, "I think I can make that happen."

With that said, I plan to Vote Kiradawea, because I'd rather lose a role-delayer for the sake of knowledge than a protector. Discuss.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Two addendums to the above:

1) If you're a mafia member and you're trying to keep it on the DL, you most likely are not going to whip out your execution power on Day 2 to off someone who already looks doomed to be offed. Particularly if you know once your cover is blown (ie, Lusternians are mafia!), this will put a target on your back.

2) Kira said executioners are primarily mafia-aligned, but when I click her link she offered, actually, seems more like a 50/50 split across the board. So it's not as cut and dry as she's suggesting.
    Daraius said:
  • Let me consolidate what people have claimed so far:

Melali = Tamika Flynn
    Ileein = Carlos [ Investigator | Messenger ] = killed N1 by Mafia (probably Ayisdra)
    Synkarin = Erika [ Angel ] = killed N1 by Serial Killer Leann?
    Lavinya = Dana Cardinal [ Governor ] = lynched D2, helped along by Krackenor
    Sylandra = Glow Cloud [ One-Off Day Ender | Bulletproof? | Other Powers? ] = acted on D1 with her power
    Kiradawea = Hallifaxian [ Delayer? | Other Powers? ] = targeted Falmiis on N1, targeted Silvanus on N2
    Falmiis = Serenwilder [ Blocker? | Other Powers? ] = targeted Sylandra on N1, was Delayed until N2
    Silvanus = Hiram McDaniels [ 5 One-Off Powers? | Investigator | DoubleVote | Vigilante | Two Other Powers? ] = targeted Kiradawea with Investigator on N2, was Delayed until N3
    Krackenor = Magnagoran [ One-Off Executioner | Reviver? | Other Powers? ] = helped along Lavinya on D2, targeted Ushaara to protect on N2

Ushaara, Ssaliss, Ellowyn, Cen, Cyna, Rolsand = ?*

Ayisdra = MAFIA Glomdoring [ Poisoner | Ninja ] = killed Synkarin on N1, poisoned Ushaara on N2, was killed on N2

*In addition to the roles already outlined, we are looking for a Celestian, a Gaudigauchian, a Serial Killer Leann, a Tracker, and a Vigilante. (The Tracker is from Ileein's role, which mentioned the existence of a Tracker. The Vigilante is from whoever killed Ayisdra, since it doesn't have the trademarks of any other killer that we know of.)
  • I find myself agreeing with Sylandra, in that Krackenor is potentially too useful to kill, given that he can live up to his claims. Thus, I am not going to vote for Krackenor or Ushaara until we see either proof or a lack of proof of their claims.

Delaying could be given to Mafia, and perhaps the reason that all the kills so far were done by Ayisra is because the other Mafia needed their hands free to use their own powers. However, Delaying could also be a Town power, since it would delay all Night actions presumably, including a kill. Since Silvanus already Investigated Kiradawea, assuming that such an Investigation would reveal if they're allied with the Town or against it, I feel that we should see the results of an investigation. If Silvanus is killed, Kiradawea is obviously Mafia and we can lynch her then. And if we trust Silvanus more than Kiradawea, we should push her to fully claim, leaving no power unturned, so that Silvanus can corroborate tomorrow.

Sylandra, if you want my vote to lynch Kiradawea today, you need to go into more detail on how you plan to redirect Silvanus's Investigation. Otherwise, we might as well be sure tomorrow and lynch someone else today.

(P.S. Sylandra is the devil, with her sweet, smooth logic.)

I'm happy to explain once other people reply. But yes, I have a gameplan if we lynch Kiradawea to ensure that Silvanus's power doesn't go to waste.
    Daraius said:
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Righto, on the Daytalk for mafia in Los Alamos game point, I guess that it could have been allowed since town was very strong in that game, pretty much every town member was either lynchproof, NK-immune or a commuter, in addition to town having a doctor, and an option to bring back someone who was fired. It was a rough, rough game for mafia!

So sure, I guess you can't rule it out that Krackenor and I were signaling each other, but I'll just say it again, we weren't.

But anyway, while I am working on the assumption that I have a lich seed and will survive the blowgun attack, and despite the fact this probably cause me to be targeted again tonight:

I'm the Faceless Old Woman who secretly lives in your home, and a Watcher/Motion Detector.

I can confirm that @Falmiis didn't do anything last night, and furthermore wasn't targeted by anyone. This matches up with what he says about his action being locked in from the previous night's aeoning.

And while it will likely force him into a claim which may be good/bad thing for town, I can also reveal that @Ssaliss has some sort of a night action, since when I tried watch him on Night 1, he wasn't to be found at home.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt based on him saying that he didn't think the Secret Police were the mafia, which is why I have him marked as (Sherrif?) in my list thing. But that's pure speculation on my part.

He also raised a good point with the library book kill/not a hatchet, which could throw my list into disarray, and confirm Silvanus' theory about there being another group vying for control. Very possible that there might be another 3 person group or similar.

But anyway, still think the person to lynch today is @Ellowyn. Definitely posting more today which is great, but I'm just working off process of elimination now and there has been no reveals that would ease the suspicion I had yesterday.

So for today I'll stick with my

Vote Ellowyn

Hopefully one of Hiram's dragon heads is a power that will keep him alive to reveal the results of the @Kiradawea investigation, but in case I die tonight I will say that I'm still suspicious of her. While I haven't come across it before, a role-delay is looking like a fantastic mafia power since it slows the rate town gain information, and can cause town to reveal their roles, such as Falmiis revealing he's the blocker, and Silvanus revealing he investigated Kiradawea with little to no prompting.

So that's my lot. As I said, I don't expect to survive this next night, and so if I'm wrong about things, well at least I'll be able to laugh about how spectacularly far astray I may have led town!
    Yes but @Ushaara, what if I told you there's a possibility where we can lynch Kira and learn things today without wasting Silvanus's sweet, sweet abilities?
    Daraius said:
    You should know by now that I'm the slowest typer ever and only reading your post now! It makes sense, so yeah, am willing to go for Kiradawea if that's where the momentum is!
    So that's a pseudo-vote of 3 people. I'll reveal my master plan if enough of you are willing to ride into the sunset with me.
    Daraius said:
    (we should really leave some time for @Cen to contribute something today... where you at?)
  • With most of us having made power claims, I think we might as well hear what everyone is, because right now I am finding the ones who haven't told us anything the most suspicious.
    I disagree. I think we know enough right now to make informed decisions and to determine who is acting shady.

Role claim? Sure. But giving power-related information to the mafia does not sound to me like a smart plan.
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I will have a lot more to say here later but I believe the investigation will go through regardless if Kira is there. Similar to IG aeon, the action is still used.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Sylandra said:
    Two addendums to the above:

1) If you're a mafia member and you're trying to keep it on the DL, you most likely are not going to whip out your execution power on Day 2 to off someone who already looks doomed to be offed. Particularly if you know once your cover is blown (ie, Lusternians are mafia!), this will put a target on your back.

2) Kira said executioners are primarily mafia-aligned, but when I click her link she offered, actually, seems more like a 50/50 split across the board. So it's not as cut and dry as she's suggesting.
    I agree with point #1, I can't say with confidence if he is mafia or SK, but I still don't see him as a 'protector'.  Executioner in ToS (I know I keep relating it back to that, but that's all I have) has a target, and they are neither bad or good - just neutral.  When their target is lynched, they win regardless of if they die or not.  So to me, it is a 'safe' lynch to get Krackenor.  I'm still annoyed also at how rude he was to her (but maybe that's just him).

I'm really interested to hear your plan on lynching Kira while still not wasting Silvanus' abilities, because it would be a shame to.  I suggest lynching Krackenor today and then deciding on what to do with Kira tomorrow (pending Silv's results), OR if your plan is really good, I'd be happy to lynch Kira today.
  • Also @Ushaara, if you want information, why not ask me?  Make sure you're prepared to role reveal too, though.
    I already did!
    Okay ladies and gentlemen, enough of you have your interest piqued for me to make all your wildest dreams come true.

I am the Almighty Glow Cloud. This is known. My abilities are not limited to raining down small animals on your houses, however!

For indeed, the Almighty Glow Cloud also possesses powers of mind control! Yes, dear listeners, this cloud can seep into your delicate earlobes and whisper, "Hey, guess what, you should target this person instead of that other person!" And your psyche will agree, yes Glow Cloud, all hail, it shall be so. (This is also known as the Redirector Ability in mafia.)

To note, I have not used this power yet. I didn't use it on Night 1, because I anticipated people using powers on me to block it; I was aiming for inducing the Tremula effect. Admittedly I tried to use that power last night, and was blocked. O, funny Fate! That's all fine and dandy anyhow, as it showed us the blocking ability and gave us info about Falmiis today. It's no loss really.

So tonight I can inform @Silvanus his target is not Kiradawea - no! not Kiradawea at all! - but rather Falmiis, or Krackenor. And Silvanus will have no choice but to succumb to my whims. For I am the Almighty Glow Cloud. Hail.

But Sylandra! You say. You're a suspicious giant cloud that controls people's minds! How can we trust you?!

Very simply, dear listeners, for we have a Watcher in our midst! And he can watch to ensure Silvanus strikes our agreed upon target, showing there has been no foul play. Alternatively, he can watch Silvanus to prove that I indeed did as promised.

Sylandra, wait! You say again. The mafia knows your plan now! Aren't you worried you'll, y'know, get offed?

And here I put all my chips on the playing field, sweet listeners: for as many of you have suspected, I am safe tonight from harm.

But doesn't that make you, like, OP?

Sort of! But also not. This is risky to admit, but to gain your trust, fellow members of Night Vale, I will do so. If you have ever tried to kill a giant glow cloud, you will learn it is a difficult feat. Who among us can know if a cloud lives, breathes, loves, and indeed dies as we do? To try and kill a Glow Cloud is nigh impossible, indeed! 

But my powers, alas, have shrunk. I can only defend myself infrequently. Which is to say,

I am deathproof on odd-numbered nights. (You'll notice how carefree I was about using my day-ender on night 1!)

And I am lynchproof on even-numbered days. (Again, see the above! I was hoping to attract scums to me in a lynchtrain like flies to honey.)

So if the night's events do not go as planned, ohwell, you can kill me tomorrow without incident. No harm done.

And if the mafia hate me for doing all this, they'll be free to kill me on Night 4, and hopefully our watcher can stand by and see my murderer. Fingers crossed, etc.

Wait, wait, wait. What about Silvanus?

I am reasonably confident a dragon with five heads has at least one head capable of protecting him from harm. (I would also advise @Silvanusnot to out all his abilities at this juncture, as doing so will only help out the mafia.)

What if you get roleblocked?

Then we know that Falmiis is a dirty dirty mafioso, now don't we?

So! Any further questions?
    Daraius said:
  • So my initial thought after reading all of this is that Sylandra needs to be lynched today.
    Or, y'know, give me a chance and then off me tomorrow night? Up to you though.
    Daraius said:
  • I haven't really processed your post yet, but just skimming through it I only found one problem: if he is aeon'ed, doesn't that mean his ability is already in the works - it's too late to switch target?
  • Ellowyn said:
    I agree with point #1, I can't say with confidence if he is mafia or SK, but I still don't see him as a 'protector'.  Executioner in ToS (I know I keep relating it back to that, but that's all I have) has a target, and they are neither bad or good - just neutral.  When their target is lynched, they win regardless of if they die or not.  So to me, it is a 'safe' lynch to get Krackenor.  I'm still annoyed also at how rude he was to her (but maybe that's just him).

I fail to see how my two sentences questioning Lavinya's words and actions in a game of misdirection and manipulation constitute unfathomable rudeness worthy of your saltiness. We have seen guilt tripping to some degree in EVERY GAME I've watched...it's been the last resort of the suspected on NUMEROUS occassions. If you're referencing my 'Lord Gribbly' post, it was a bit of playfulness which happened after Ieptix confirmed the kill and people were still talking. Poorly timed? Perhaps, but I still don't believe it falls into gasp-worthy rudeness. 

I'm thinking not. Because my guess is that it works as if he chose to do the activity tonight, in which case it would work like any other night action. Admittedly I didn't ask Ieptix, but I assume my power exists to counter the aeon power in that way.

But how terribly hilarious would it be if I dropped all that info for nothing. Ohnoes. ._.
    Daraius said:
    Obviously that was directed at Ellowyn and not Krackenor.
    Daraius said:
  • Just so it is absolutely clear, I tried to roleblock Sylandra on night one, but found myself aeoned. Come night two, I had no action to take since my roleblock from the previous night went through. Now, Ushaara believes I didn't act in night two so that makes me suspect that Silvanus' action has already been locked in and there is no way to stop/change it.
    Okay I reread my flavor-text.

It's basically a memory-wipe. I wipe the person's memory of their previous target and then they go to the target of my choosing. I'm assuming that would work as I assume it does, but I've asked Ieptix for clarification.
    Daraius said:
  • Yes, Krackenor, I think you've said 'it was two sentences' enough, we get it.  All of what you said to her was rude (in my opinion, you obviously disagree and that's cool) but that might be your play here, you seem to be really aggressive so it _does_ make me wonder what you're on about.

And yeah, @Sylandra, I'd probably check with @Ieptix because if @Silvanus actually used the command, it might be like stopping a moving train now?  It still worked, but it's delayed, if you know what I mean.  Unless you _knew_ this and it's all apart of your plan.  This game makes me paranoid and I am concerned for my sanity.