Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Haha nah this might be like Werewolf again where I think I have figured out a master plan but in actuality I mis-read a key piece of information and create my own downfall.

Which is to say that if I'm wrong about the redirecting I'll let you know, I'll just cringe visibly and bang my head against my laptop in woe.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Now now, there's no need to hurt your laptop!
  • I am also with Krackenor on the Lavinya thing. Guilt tripping is a totally valid mafia play and it is just as valid for people to not want to believe it.
  • That isn't my argument at all!
    Soooo since Ieptix isn't online yet and I'm suitably mortified, in the event that I can't redirect Silvanus, are we thinking of offing Krackenor or Falmiis?

Or is Falmiis's plan to lynch me gaining momentum? I think it's more useful to see a Lusternian person's corpse, but to each their own.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Oh speak of the devil. Ieptix, you are a meaniepants.

So here's the scoop: I can use the power on Silvanus but whether or not it will work is [REDACTED]. So might not be a risk worth taking after all. :/

AND I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF TOO

Well you wanted a claim, @Falmiis, you got one.
    Daraius said:
  • Was there talk of offing Falmiis?

Also I just have one more question: I know you said you didn't use your power night 1 because you thought you'd get blocked, but why didn't you use it anyway, in the event that you weren't?
    I can only use it X amount of times.

Also: Falmiis, Krackenor, and Kira are all Lusternians, and the general talk so far has been that people want to know more about those roles.
    Daraius said:
  • Ellowyn, I agree that Krackenor is suspicious. However, is power is necessary for the Town's survival; as long as he uses it in the Town's best interests, then we can let him live.

In a similar manner, I've come to the conclusion that we need to lynch Kiradawea. (Not bolded, so not voting yet, cause we still have a lot to talk about.)

The short version is that her power could mess up all our plans to save the most powerful people in the game, and is thus too dangerous to live.

The long version is this:
    We have two powerful people: Silvanus and Krackenor. Krackenor can stave off death, no matter how much later it comes. And Silvanus has a variety of powers, the least of which are not DoubleVote and Vigilante. However, they are both painfully vulnerable tonight. Assuming that we don't have any more lifesaving powers, either Silvanus or Krackenor are certain to die tonight, and probably in the coming nights. Krackenor can stave off Silvanus's death long enough for him to use some more of his powers, but not if Kiradawea delays him. Combined with a kill, then Krackenor would die without accomplishing anything tonight. I'm also assuming that Krackenor cannot target himself.

Assuming that only the Mafia, Krackenor, and Silvanus act tonight, then the next nights will go something like this:
    Kiradawea aeons Krackenor.
    Krackenor tries to lich seed Silvanus, but is delayed.
    Silvanus gets killed by Mafia before he can reveal the results of his investigation.
    Then Krackenor would die the next night.

Falmiis could block Kiradawea tonight, but I feel that killing her now will save us a lot of trouble in the future. The biggest problem with Kiradawea is that she can essentially block someone for two days: the first day when she delays, and then the second day when she makes their action defunct but they have to take it anyway.
    ^That's kind of why I totally blew my cover just to try and push a Kira lynch, yeah.
    Daraius said:
  • I really want to know if there is a Celestian and Gaudiguchian in our ranks.
  • A few questions about the powers.

If @Falmiis and @Kiradawea were to target each other, which has priority? Would Kiradawea delay Falmiis's block, or would Falmiis block Kiradawea's delay?
    Does @Krackenor 's power work on the same night that it's activated? Is it X-shot? Can he target himself?
    What, exactly, does @Silvanus 's Investigation reveal?
    What, exactly, does @Ushaara 's Watching reveal? If he were to watch Sylandra, would he see who she changes her target's target to, or would he just see her target, or would he just see that she used an ability?
    Can @Sylandra mind control a Mafia into killing someone else?
    I'm given to believe that yes I could change a mafia's kill target.
    Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'd be fine with voting off any Lusternian off, but I still don't think we should move to the next day until we found out more about the Lichseed power. Krackenor did say that Ushaara will come back better or something like that.

Also I am fairly sure I am locked into investigating Kiradawea and that the Aeon will work similar to how IG aeon works. The action will go through, whether someone or not is there to be investigated is irrelevant. 

Also it seems weird that Ushaara can say Falmiis did not do anything, but Falmiis claims that he roleblocked Sylandra and Sylandra confirms it.

Also Ushaara claims Ssaliss has a night action and did something on Night 1, since Ush went to watch him then but he was not home.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Melali said:
    A few questions about the powers.

Does @Krackenor 's power work on the same night that it's activated? Is it X-shot? Can he target himself?

The lichseed will not work the same night it is gifted, it has limited usage, and I cannot lichseed myself. The thing about 'coming back better' was me playing up the whole undead pride schtick...as far as I've been led to believe, it's a basic ressurection. 
    How many times? Only one lichseed given out at a time?

Why did you lichseed Ushaara?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Wow. Mind-controlling glow clouds and five-headed dragons? Why is everyone's role so much cooler than mine?

First up, apologies for being tardy. It was my birthday yesterday and there was much music and wine.

I began this day phase determined to apply a lot of pressure on Krackenor and maybe even voting for him. But after catching up on everything I missed, I'm half-half between him and Kira.

I don't know anything about this lich seed thing, but it sounds to me like it's not a straight-up rez, but more like a conversion? Someone mentioned undeath, which just makes me think of the Vampire role in ToS. On top of this, Krackenor still hasn't explained why he didn't give Lav a chance to perform her day ability.

On the other hand, Kira's power is annoying af. I don't like it; I don't think it's half as useful for town as it would be for mafia. Plus Sylandra and Melali have laid out some really good reasons to go ahead with a lynch. I have a feeling that Syl's mind control won't overrule the aeon effect, but I think it's worth a try.

Either way, I want to know more about the Lusternian transplants too, so lynching one is good with me. I can get behind a Kira vote when we're ready to move ahead.
  • Addendum: I also want to suggest caution and a dash of skepticism when it comes to @Sylandra. Welcome to Night Vale has ambiguous ideas of good and bad to be sure, but we can't take for granted that she's on our side--at least not permanently. She's definitely behaving like she is, but that may be just for now. I'm worried about another Vivet-as-Ratatoskr scenario.
    Well hey, it wouldn't be mafia without someone wondering if you're a dirty good for nothing murderer, now would it?
    Daraius said:
  • Ushaara said:
    I'm the Faceless Old Woman who secretly lives in your home, and a Watcher/Motion Detector.

I can confirm that @Falmiis didn't do anything last night, and furthermore wasn't targeted by anyone. This matches up with what he says about his action being locked in from the previous night's aeoning.

And while it will likely force him into a claim which may be good/bad thing for town, I can also reveal that @Ssaliss has some sort of a night action, since when I tried watch him on Night 1, he wasn't to be found at home.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt based on him saying that he didn't think the Secret Police were the mafia, which is why I have him marked as (Sherrif?) in my list thing. But that's pure speculation on my part.

He also raised a good point with the library book kill/not a hatchet, which could throw my list into disarray, and confirm Silvanus' theory about there being another group vying for control. Very possible that there might be another 3 person group or similar.

Ushaara mentions that Falmiis did not appear to do anything tonight because of him being Delayed. Presumably, if Ushaara had been watching Falmiis on Night 1, he would have seen Falmiis do something.

Hmm. If Falmiis were to block Silvanus, would Silvanus retain the use of his Investigative ability? If so, it might be worth it do that. 

The bloc of people I personally trust to have the Town's best interest is made up of Sylandra, Silvanus, Ssaliss, Krackenor, Falmiis, and Ushaara. Sylandra has done a lot to prove herself. Silvanus has also done some stuff to prove himself, and has a Town role. Ssaliss was suspected by Ayisdra and may be part of the Secret Police. Falmiis has offered up information that has been corroborated by outside sources. Ushaara has also offered up a lot of information to the town's benefit.

Kiradawea, regardless of whether or not she's Town, needs to die because her power would be too dangerous in the Mafia's hands. Also, both of her targets have done a lot to be trusted. Ellowyn has been shifty, and also really wants to lynch the Town's greatest chance of survival. Rolsand has been pretty alarmist and non-committal, not really contributing much of anything while arguing against most courses of action. 

Cyna and Cen haven't posted enough for me to get a read on them, which is suspicious in its own part.
  • Another thought on the lichseed thing...

Krackenor may be relying on the fact that Ushaara's role has been updated to reflect undeath. I'm talking about changed win conditions, like when you become a vampire in ToS. So maybe now those two are a team? I don't know, just an idea.
  • Yeah, there's some good points for lynching Kira and Krackenor.
    I agree with Cen re: Sylandra's power not working on Silvanus and I still think it'd be a waste to lynch Kira when she has been investigated already.  We can always lynch her tomorrow if Silvanus finds out she's scum.  Falmiis should block her tonight though, just in case.  Ush could even watch Kira to see where she goes/who visits, so we also know if Silvanus is telling the truth about his investigation role.  That way, is Silvanus also free to investigate/use another power tonight too?  I know he'll be receiving the results of last night's search, but does that mean he'll also get results of another search if he conducts it tonight?

Again, I agree with Cen regarding Sylandra - she's very smart and everything she says has me nodding my head in agreement when I'm reading it.  It still comes to mind that she wasn't blocked night 1 and there was an SK kill, but when she was blocked night 2, there was no SK kill.  
  • Sylandra said:
    Well hey, it wouldn't be mafia without someone wondering if you're a dirty good for nothing murderer, now would it?
    Stop being so chilled and likeable when accused!  Haha.

You're good.

Very good.

:D
  • Melali said:
     Ellowyn has been shifty, and also really wants to lynch the Town's greatest chance of survival.  

You think -I- have been shifty?  You just said that you agree that Krackenor is suspicious.  Also, you think he's the greatest chance of survival for Town?  I would say Silvanus is (if he is speaking the truth) because he has multiple powers (if you had to choose between Krackenor and Silvanus, who would you choose?  We don't know anything about Krackenor except that he can ninja execute people.  Not really a town role to me, but not necessarily mafia either, I admit.  I'm just saying it's the safe option.  
  • I'm confused about the lack of SK kill too, but I don't suspect Sylandra of that at all. Sure she was blocked, but hatchets have nothing to do with the Glow Cloud. It doesn't add up.
    If I was going to kill you I'd drop a beautiful majestic lion on you and demand that your corpse grovel at my feet. #Trufax
    Daraius said:
  • Fair point, didn't think about the hatchet.
    Falmiis said his original action went through, so I'm fairly confident I am locked into investigation on Kiradawea.

I'm do not share the belief that Krackenor is town, in fact, he is highest on my mafia suspect list still. My belief is that until a Lusternian town member's role is revealed or confirmed with investigation, then I am more of in the camp that they are all not town, whatever that may be.

My vote will remain on Krackenor, but I am open to a bandwagon on Kiradawea. I would rather waste my power than risk losing. While others may think my role seems powerful, and it certainly does, I tend to think back to Sylandra's Reign Mafia game and Ssaliss being a false-investigator. One of Hiram McDaniels' heads worked against the other 4, could I be similar? Are one of my powers born to fail (or all 4 fail and 1 succeeds?)

Its just the thought that I had when I first looked into my role.

For Cyna and Rolsand, who the hell knows what's going on there.
    I should clarify that Falmiis said his original action went through and he was unable to do something else*
  • Understandable about not losing rather than risking your power, which is why I think @Falmiis (would you be willing?) should roleblock Kira tonight.  Imagine how many answers we'd have tomorrow after that??

With Sylandra's plan probably not going to work and Silvanus being suspicious of Krackenor - that's the final nail in the coffin for me (again, if anything else comes up - or new information, I'm willing to change).

Vote: Krackenor