Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    (Well we could in the Los Alamos game! So by 'typically' I guess I should really have said 'based on the one time I was mafia'...)
  • Ushaara said:
    I will vouch for @Krackenor being a Big Damn Hero and more-than-likely town, since it looked like he gave me a lich seed last night, and that agrees with what he said above. Woo!

Though I'm now undecided as to whether I should do a full reveal or not. I'll think it over while waiting for @Cen @Cyna and @Rolsand to check-in.
    Did you only just now notice that you got a lich seed? I mean, I would've thought that'd be obvious...
  • Also, am I the only one whose cult-senses are a-tingeling?
    All I have to say to the lich seeding being obvious is that it's completely up to the mod as to how ambiguous/revealing the messages are! Without Ayisdra's death confirming that we have Lusternians in town, I wouldn't have really known what to make of it, especially with the general weirdness of Night Vale.

A figure approached, laid hands on my chest and I felt a dark power passing into me before they vanished, leaving me baffled and confused.

As I mentioned, my initial thoughts were exactly that, it could be either an arsonist's prep, or a cultist conversion, but based on the fact that no-one mentioned anything similar on Night 1, and then on the reveal of Lusternians in town and Krackenor as a Nihilist, I landed on it probably being the lich seed.
  • Also, he mentioned it in his first post of the day
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Yes, I am fairly confident there's two parties vying for control. My vote is going to remain on Krackenor, some questions still need answering, like what will happen with Ushaara when he dies and returns undead? Also, what role is Ushaara? How many lich seeds do you have and why give it to Ushaara?

And I am a sort of jack of all trades, I have five various powers. 
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    I've decided I'm good with revealing who I am, as I think we could be pretty close to figuring this out. Heading out to dinner now though, so will reveal in a couple of hours, but in the mean time, and so there's something else to discuss, this is the state of the board I'm working off. Anything in parentheses is my own assumption.

Town:
    ——
    1) Sylandra - Glow Cloud
    2) Silvanus - (Hiram McDaniels?)
    3) Krackenor - Nihilist
    4) Ushaara - ?
    5) Melali - Tamika (Survivor?)
    6) Falmiis - Spiritsinger

Dead Town:
    —————
    7) Synkarin - Erika
    8) Ileein - Carlos
    9) Lavinya - Dana

Probable Town:
    ——————
    10) Cen - ?

Uncertain:
    ————
    11) Ssaliss - (Sheriff?)
    12) Cyna - ?

Mafia:
    ———
    13) Ayisdra
    14)
    15)

Serial Killer
    ——————--
    16)

Ellowyn, Rolsand, Kiradawea

Can't rule out the possibility of two parties vying for control of course, or there being 4 mafia etc.
  • edited June 2016
    I don't really know what's going on still. There are a lot of names and posts, and this is my first mafia game on the forums. Really sorry. But sure, everyone seems to be voting for Krackenor. So I'll do that.

Vote Krackenor
  • Nothing really happened to me last night.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Cyna, friendly reminder you can't edit posts in a mafia game. It's against the rules on page 1! :)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I really hate how your making a list of the roles already.
  • It's a really helpful way of figuring out people's role and knowing them but it could be really unaccurate and make people do bad lynches.
    Rolsand said:
    I really hate how your making a list of the roles already.

What would you rather we do?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Only real person that can know someone's role is an investigator.
    Who is dead.
    Daraius said:
  • And until the investigator finds a mafia, it's foolish for them to reveal. This isn't a game about certainty, @Rolsand ... It's about guesswork and pattern analysis.
    Relying on powers is also not the only way to win. And it's dangerous especially in a game like this one where two of the most useful pro town powers poofed night 1. Building on what we know is useful, because only by testing that knowledge do we confirm or disprove it.
    Daraius said:
  • Can we lynch Rolsand already? His "let's not play the game because we know nothing" posts are annoying at best. He has offered nothing to the conversation otherwise. We're either going to lynch a mafia/SK or we're going to lynch a bad townie.
  • Sylandra said:
    Cyna, friendly reminder you can't edit posts in a mafia game. It's against the rules on page 1! :)
    Sorry about that!
  • I'm not saying that we shouldn't make a list but I'm trying to say that you guys probably think that Ushaara or anyone else under town is innocent.
  • Falmiis said:
    Can we lynch Rolsand already? His "let's not play the game because we know nothing" posts are annoying at best. He has offered nothing to the conversation otherwise. We're either going to lynch a mafia/SK or we're going to lynch a bad townie.
    What info can I gather at night time and share with you guys when I don't have a power that allows me to do so. Last game I had the same problem.
  • And why are you so eager?
    That's kind of the point. There are mafia games with no powers.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    I agree with Falmiis somewhat but I also strongly think Rolsand is town, because of how quick Ayisdra was to prod him. Eyeing one or two people right now but want to wait and see how more people respond.
    Daraius said:
  • *shrug*
    Checking thread on phone since am a total mafia addict.

@Rolsand I don't claim my list is perfect but it's like making a jigsaw where you don't know the final shape. Can only try fit pieces together, and based on the -current- info available, that list is how I see the jigsaw fitting together. Those I know least about are naturally the most suspicious. Feel free to make your own list!
  • Mreh. I'm too tired to formulate long response. So I'll make it a short, addressing points I remember in a half-tired state.

Mafia are not supposed to talk during the day. If you were allowed in the Los Alamos game, then that's a deviation from the norm. I've never allowed scum to talk during day in my games.

Where did Silvanus as Hiram McDaniels come from?

Since we're apparently mass claiming, I'm the Hallifaxian. Sentinel corps member at your service. I'm the one who aeoned Falmiis on night 1 and Silvanus on night 2. I chose Falmiis the first night mostly at random. I waffled over targetting Sylandra, but figured that she's a smart player, so if she's part of the scum team she wouldn't be the one to kill that night. Silvanus I picked because I found his behaviour to be weird and the claim of having both vig and investigator powers seemed off to me. Again, if Krackenor's scum, then he wouldn't be the one to perform the mafia kill that night.

At this point I'm cool with Krackenor, because lich seeding someone is really off. Silvanus/Sylandra. Because there was no hatchets tonight and I don't buy that the serial killer would choose not to act on night 2. And Cyna because "I don't know what's going on" is starting to feel like an act. Lack of questions and a statement of "everyone seems to vote for Krackenor", when there's only one vote on Krack.

Now I sleep.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Hiram is a five headed dragon. Five abilities, five heads.
    Daraius said:
    The Hiram McDaniels is because I have 5 powers, all one use, and he is a dragon with five heads. It was Ushaaras prediction. That's why he included the note in parentheses. I am Hiram McDaniels, and I used my investigation power on Kira last night.
    The plot thickens!
    Daraius said: