Welcome to Night Vale - Mafia

Comments

• Cen is a ninja. Watch out. I hear their night actions can't be discerned by watchers and trackers.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I don't see how it can not be Ieptix. He's the one who puts out the broadcasts. If we had a player Cecil, how would they be able to relay Ileein's messages to Ieptix before the start of the day phase? And if we had a player as Cecil, why would the power specify that the tracker would see Cecil's name instead of the player's name?

I think the significance of his target being revealed specifically as Cecil is that the tracker would then know who is sending Ieptix the messages in the daily broadcast. And that's all.
  • And durr on me. Yeah, Ieptix is Cecil and Cecil is the character in the opening posts. I need stronger painkillers.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Kiradawea We think Ieptix is Cecil, since Cecil is the narrator/voice of Night Vale.

Yeah, it's just the wording of the power is a bit weird.. If we all seemingly agree that Ieptix is Cecil, a tracker's result of tracking Ileein being 'Ieptix is Cecil' seems a touch redundant, though I guess it does establish that, 'Ileein is in contact with Cecil'. But man, that word -target- is making me overthink this.

In any case, there are still people to check in, and hopefully more information to come out of today!
    And I am the slowest poster ever...
  • All of you damn night owls...

That was a really, really rough night for us, but I have nothing to add in terms of evening revelations. I do find it odd that Kira automatically points out Rolsand when we have had non-Rolsand trigger happy vigilantes in AT LEAST the previous two games though. Admittedly, both of them are not in this game, but still...it's not a trait unique to him.
  • Tbh I rrally do find it weird that Kira pointed me out.
  • Really rather
  • And if I were a villain/sk or whatever I would probably play it safe the first few nights.
  • And also I don't recall playing as a vig before.
  • Oh your taking about vengeance.
  • Damn. That's a great start to my first Mafia in ages. :/

Was really hoping to actually get a chance to take part.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Let me add a bit more:

Synkarin/Erika: killed by three puncture wounds through the neck -- http://nightvale.wikia.com/wiki/Do_Not_Approach_the_Dog_Park This page has a poem written by the angel Erika that uses the word "neck". I'm not sure how significant this is, if it is at all.

Ileein/Carlos's power also revealed the existence of tracker(s) in the game.

Also, the flavor text for my role very clearly hinted that StrexCorp was the mafia here; thus, I agree that ?/Leann is a serial killer or some other third party.

So, a list of powers:
    Confirmed: Protector, Investigator/Messenger, Tracker, Day-ender
    Most Likely: Vigilante, Serial Killer, 
    Claimed: Role-delay, One-shot Vigilante
    Looking for: Bus Driver

That's interesting. Anyone else with StrexCorp mentions in their role-sheet able to confirm? My own had no indication of any mafia/other grouping, other than a passing mention of Cecil, in my own.
    Rawr phrasing
  • Hoaracle has stepped out of the game, intern @Cyna got promoted and is taking his place.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • On phone, so short post. I am not Leann, and I don`t have a kill power.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I forgot to mention this but I got no messages last night. So if we suspect there's a bus driver who switched me and Ileein, I was given no indication that anything occurred. That's of course up to a mod's discretion, but I would expect some kind of flavor text would have been given to indicate night weirdness.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I don't think it's weird for Kira to point out Rolsand either. While I doubt that means he's actually Leann, I do think she's right to say certain personalities in this game might vig recklessly, and she points him out as an example with Vengeance games cited as a reason he would act that way.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Hrm. The poem says "Ash stains my pillow and bruises the shape of spiders climb my neck."

Could the mafia be using spiders as a kill. Could be the wounds are bite wounds from spiders. Anyone in Nightvale with a specific tie to spiders?

Granted, that's just idle speculation. We should probably hear from Cyna and hear if she's been bussed or noticed anything specific last night. Now, keep in mind that bussing may not be known to those who got bussed. But if no one comes forth with information suggesting they were bussed, and the busser won't admit to having swapped Ileein with someone (And if you didn't touch Ileein, I think you should lay low for now), I think we can only conclude that our hatcheter specifically targetted Ileein. In which case, they're probably scum. I still maintain that a town-aligned vig, if they really had to vig someone during night one, would've gone for Sylandra.
    To play devil's advocate, one reason a vig might not have chosen me last night is because getting as much attention as I did yesterday is a really wildly risky move. So risky that you have to wonder if I have some insurance during the night that ensures I can pull a risky move like that off. ;;)

But a townie who would choose to vig Ileein would be someone who is less versed in the mafia meta, so I doubt that occurred to the hypothetical trigger happy vigilante if Ileein was their target after all.
    Daraius said:
  • Hi everyone. I'm new. I don't really know what's going on.
    Be sure to read the other posts in the thread to catch up! Did anything happen to you in the night phase that you want to share, or did you not receive any messages?
    Daraius said:
  • edited June 2016
    I'm sorry. I don't really know. I'm still getting used to everything.

• edited June 2016
    Audience note: I imagine this game sounding like the Silver Shroud radio from Fallout 4. 

• Sylandra's Glow Cloud power (are we assuming she is the Glow Cloud's child?) seems rather not-town. As she said, if she is town, the only real use it would be is day 1, not all that helpful unless she knows something about a person we are lynching. If she is mafia, using it on not day 1 would only be helpful if she was trying to make us think someone about to be lynch is mafia and she is saving them.

Personally, I don't think Sylandra is mafia, but I also don't think she is town. The use of summoning the grow cloud seems rather niche and really only helping night-action people and not the town getting closer to killing the threats to the town.

Assuming we have a Vig, perhaps they took the chance to nightkill while our numbers are high in hopes of a lucky hit on the mafia?
    Want to clarify that I am the Glow Cloud, not Glow Cloud Jr. I'm a concerned parent and president of the School Board.

Daraius said:
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Why do we suspect a bus driver? Is it because Falmiis' claim?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • We're just looking for a Bus Driver, in case a Vigilante targeted someone but got Ileein instead. Otherwise, it's likely that a Serial Killer killed Ileein.
    Personally I don't think there's a bus driver. But if there is one, it's one explanation for why Ileein was offed. Hence people asking.
    Daraius said: