Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Rancoura said:
    And no, before you smartmouths go at it, I was not searching for mudsex logs.
    Related:  You didn't have to search anymore because you found them right away!

Unrelated:  For those of you in the area, I'm in BAAAAHHHHSTAHN today.  Job interviews, whee!
    --------
    "You are so much bigger than you think you are," She says, fervently. "You are a beacon of hope that shines through the world with every step you take. You are My beacon, Gabriella, and you shine even into the darkest of nightmares."
    --------
    The air sparkles with silver motes of light as a silken voice says, "You will see growth and strength where others will see weakness. You will walk with Us as a paragon of Serenwilde's power, for you have already walked this path before."
  • While I did finish Cankermore and got that shiny honours line, Xion was a different story...

First I blowup (although my ship does only have 1650 hull) to a dragon on the way there. So I wait a bit until someone with a bubblix comes along and then I use that to get going.

Killing the things were a bit tough, Mordrath more so with their aeon and me against the use of pipes for RP reasons, but I managed to get past that part easily enough with a bit of time. So I do the next part of the quest and find that Xion has golems because why not. Expect these golems attacked me, and gang up. 5 golems in the same room doesn't help me live and I die again.

This mixed with the fact I didn't have slush on me (because...well, because I don't have room in my rift and I'm to lazy to buy an expansion with the overhaul nearing its end) did not end well for me.
  • Ayisdra said:
    ...against the use of pipes...
  • Ayisdra said:
    ...against the use of pipes...
    <gif>

I know, I get that look all the time when I say that. And then they ask how have I played for seven years without the use of pipes.... the answer to that is 1) advancement requirements don't actually make you use them. 2)being a non-combatant, use of powercures and allheale have basically worked for me. 3) Pre-overhaul, I do not think there was really any big use of pipes for general PvE, thus I could get away with it. Now in the overhaul, it probably is going to be harder.
  • Recent events have reinforced my stance that guilds -need to die-, or at least classes completely separated from them (and perhaps connected to city only).

• Ayisdra said:
    While I did finish Cankermore and got that shiny honours line, Xion was a different story...

First I blowup (although my ship does only have 1650 hull) to a dragon on the way there. So I wait a bit until someone with a bubblix comes along and then I use that to get going.

Killing the things were a bit tough, Mordrath more so with their aeon and me against the use of pipes for RP reasons, but I managed to get past that part easily enough with a bit of time. So I do the next part of the quest and find that Xion has golems because why not. Expect these golems attacked me, and gang up. 5 golems in the same room doesn't help me live and I die again.

This mixed with the fact I didn't have slush on me (because...well, because I don't have room in my rift and I'm to lazy to buy an expansion with the overhaul nearing its end) did not end well for me.
    You're allowed to ask for help. O:-)
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Arcanis said:
    Recent events have reinforced my stance that guilds -need to die-, or at least classes completely separated from them (and perhaps connected to city only).

y
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Going to go out on a limb and say that he was either kicked out of a guild, not allowed to classflex a guild's skills, or guildmasters voted against something he wanted.
  • edited November 2015

Arcanis said:
    Recent events have reinforced my stance that guilds -need to die-, or at least classes completely separated from them (and perhaps connected to city only).
    I'm of two minds. I think that guilds do an excellent job of instilling core-rp values in players, and connecting players to a specific group of people who know how to use skills that are brand new to them. Many/most guilds at this point have a lot of history, both in terms of broader game lore, and just in terms of the impact old-regime players have made in various guild cultures. If guilds were to disappear, I feel like a lot of that might just evaporate as well, which would be a shame.

On the other hand, I've played for extended periods of time outside of any guild, and found it allowed me to focus more intently on other things. I'm one of those people that feels that if they are a member of some group, they need to contribute, and it's hard to be very involved in family, guild, order, and org all at the same time. I never missed being in a guild when I wasn't in one. There's enough other stuff to get involved in to fulfill the social aspects you lose by not being in a guild.

ETA: Oops. That got a little self-reflective. @Arcanis, if being in a guild isn't working for you, just don't be in one. You've been around long enough that you have other places to focus your attention, but isolated bad experiences with guilds don't necessarily mean we have to ditch the whole system.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Rancoura said:
    And no, before you smartmouths go at it, I was not searching for mudsex logs.

*sighs and walks away, shoulders drooping with a ceiling-high stack of alphabetically and chronologically organized papers with colorful post its hanging off them*
  • The shit I've seen searching Pastebin. Golden dragon milk doesn't come close to cutting it. Seen people I know feature in those logs, AND, you know what? While the 'sex' was happening, my clan was being heard. -I- was being heard (Speaking on it), with no idea of the hanky panky at that time. Not sure how I feel!
  • edited November 2015

Enyalida said:
    Going to go out on a limb and say that he was either kicked out of a guild, not allowed to classflex a guild's skills, or guildmasters voted against something he wanted.

No Enyalida, shockingly enough, your simplicity at actually believing that the reason was me getting kicked from my guild (lol, as if that would happen) is incorrect, and if you actually think that is possible in my guild, then you are not very well informed of how cozy and happy we are in there.

No actually, the reason I brought it up was because I recently heard that someone was denied classflex from a guild in their city, simply because the leader doesnt 'like them' apparently.

Edit: Yes I know, how shocking that your logic (which let's not go into detail over how flawed it has been over the years) was wrong :O
  • Flying enemies that can knock you out of the sky is my newest pet peeve. My flying beast gets left in the air when that happens, so I have to whistle her down, wait, mount, wait, fly again, and wait some more while crossing my fingers the enemy doesn't bop me right out of the sky before I can even get a swing in again. One roc knocked me down as soon as I flew back up three times in a row today. What a pain.  :-w
  • edited November 2015
    Shaddus said:
    That's horrible. How dare guild leaders not hand out classflex privs like it's candy.

Ikr, who would have thought giving players the ability to deny a class to another player, based solely on personal reasons, would be seen as anything but logical mechanics for a game. I mean....one could even say, it is promoting fair gameplay.

I mean, obviously the guild system is working, why else have all the other IRE evolved to more streamline systems, and we kept our empty ghost-halls of guilds.
    foxadhd  cute fox halloween animation domination high-def

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Because one person's actions apparently condemns all others?

I mean, the lore of guilds that actually place RP-value on their skills as meaning something other than tools to slay other kids with wouldn't suffer if just anyone could pick them up, right?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Permission to skillflex is a privilege granted by a guild, not a right. You might think skills should be open to everyone, but that decision is ultimately up to the leaders of each respective guild. A person getting denied access to a guild's skills for a questionable reason might be a case for calling the person's decision into question if you honestly think they're being unfair, but it's certainly not a reason to destroy guilds. Tiny bit of an overreaction, there.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited November 2015
    Besides, the reason to destroy guilds is the needless further fracturing of the player base.
  • Skills should not be determined by a player deciding if another player should have them or not, dont be morons.

If you think that is balanced, then you're beyond help.

Guilds are an outdated concept in gameplay and currently dont provide much but RP themes, and even that is lacking these days with numbers. The system needs removing and more friendlier and logical systems in place.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    If you have an issue with another player, then ISSUE them. That method of dealing with such situations has not changed. The "moronic" way of dealing with it (which sounds like a fairly personal issue, by the way) would be to beg the admins to remove the system completely, ruining it for dozens of other players in the process.

P.S. An equally senseless method of dealing with dwindling roleplay in the game is further removing the available avenues it has for being developed, by the way.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• edited November 2015
    Rancoura said:
    If you have an issue with another player, then ISSUE them. That method of dealing with such situations has not changed. The "moronic" way of dealing with it (which sounds like a fairly personal issue, by the way) would be to beg the admins to remove the system completely, ruining it for dozens of other players in the process.

P.S. An equally senseless method of dealing with dwindling roleplay in the game is further removing the available avenues it has for being developed, by the way.

Oh yes, obviously we should deal with the mechanics in place by ISSUING that we have an issue with the mechanics and seek to somehow subvert them. Clearly that is the logical answer....rather than putting more functional and logical mechanics in place....

Why am I bothering at this point
  • The only IRE that doesn't have a guild system is Achaea.

Let's just say removing guilds is hardly the only way to solve classflexing issues, and let's also just say that Lusternia's classflexing issues don't really lie in the difficulty (or lack thereof) of getting it. Hint: it involves credit cards and disposable income.

• Almost everybody seems AFK or "distracted" these days. :(

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited November 2015
    Arcanis said:
    Skills should not be determined by a player deciding if another player should have them or not, dont be morons.

No, the only people who get to do that are people under level 50, since they're newer. Since this is a role-playing game, perhaps someone who wants an entirely new way to fight and behave should be forced to interact with other people - people who are experienced in that and can teach them. And they should probably be experienced, about the third guild rank or so. Oh, and we should make sure that not just anyone can do it, because certain guilds (see: Ninjakari or basically anything from Glomdoring) have strict beliefs that their knowledge shouldn't be given away, so it should probably be the guild's elected officials that make that choice.

Yeah, that seems like a good plan. Oh....wait.

EDIT: grammar is important, kids
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • People shouldn't interfere in the affairs of guilds not their own.

A guild skill is ownership of that guild. You might as well yell at a random person for not giving you their kidney because you need one.

Guilds are their own countries. I like that.
    Retired.
This discussion has been closed.