Real World Raves

Comments

• This is really petty, but I stopped by the job I left a few weeks ago to pick something up, and apparently the department has just been going to hell since I left, and it has me laughing manically once I got out of there because vindication is a wonderful feeling.

I was in the store for like 10 minutes and 4 different people stopped me to tell me about the various troubles they're having.  The gem was that I had apparently just missed this one new girl who was having a bad day even before coming in, and she got so stressed out that she threw a frying pan at a manger and almost laid him flat.

I'm so glad I left that place. 
  • Registered for classes, sad to learn I cannot take on a major if I hope to survive long enough to graduate. I knew a Bachelor of Fine Arts was intense, but I've truly learned how intense. 15 credits hours for my first semester is "taking things easy". So no minor, a bit bummed. Asked about taking a foreign language for more than one semester. My advisor, who is a gift to mankind and just about the sweetest person you will ever meet, gave me this like and was like "well, you can take something like spanish 1 for a semester, and latin 1 for another, but with your course requirements, it's probably not going to happen.". So, I guess I can try working towards Russian, but as it stands, it's not likely. I'm glad I'm in a BFA program, this pretty much promises me a decent job right out of school, so I'm happy with that. It's also what I want to spend my life doing, so this is good. Oh, and my major is Technical Theatre - Set Design/Construction. Goodbye life, and hello future.
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Too excited to sleep! What a win. :):):)
  • edited June 2016
    I'm 98% sure my boss, the one who made it so hard for me to get promoted for so long, got fired.

1) Her boss showed up at the office unannounced from Texas, and had a 1 on 1 meeting with all the team managers that report to her.
    2) She abruptly went on unscheduled time off  that day, and we haven't seen her for 14 days.
    3) Her boss is now flying in from Texas to meet with the whole office and has not told us what is on the meeting agenda. 

SO THAT'S A THING. KARMA IS A BITCH.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2016
    We're even letting two-year-olds in House Shevat these days.  :-w
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Got my Zootopia and Rick & Morty blu-rays today. Sorry to cut out chat short Master Q. I'll check up on you guys tomorrow. :P
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    Got my Zootopia and Rick & Morty blu-rays today. Sorry to cut out chat short Master Q. I'll check up on you guys tomorrow. :P
    I can save you watching Zootopia and recite it to you line by line. My son has watched that movie a minimum of 3 times a day since we got it. All I hear is 'Watch bunny! Watch Nick!". It is giving me flashbacks to a childhood of little brothers and Never Ending Story.
  • edited June 2016
    Sort of a mixed rave/slight rant.

Rave: got my hands on an old commodore 64 unit complete with joysticks, paddle controllers (the dial shaped controllers used for games like breakout) and some games today ^_^

Rant: said unit does not have the coaxial cable. Gonna have to source one. Not too difficult but is an inconvenience.

Additional rave:  Finally got my video capture card working properly, so I can start doing some livestreams in my downtime :)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • edited November 2018
    -
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    raves for some people here ( you know who you are ) for their willingness to put up with my occasional RL rants that just fall out of the blue at work and where I can't get ahold of anybody to rant but those few people ( nothing too serious, people are just being people and I feel like I'm a politician who needs to constantly plot instead of just being a person who tries to do their job well <.< )

<3 for you all.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm mostly unsick now! I'm really pissed I missed the part of the event with treee melding tho. 
  • Know how you feel there, I was at work. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I've been waiting four years for this to happen. Zero Time Dilemma comes out today! I'm so excited!!! AGHHH
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Phoebus said:
    I've been waiting four years for this to happen. Zero Time Dilemma comes out today! I'm so excited!!! AGHHH

SO EXCITED AHHH FUNYARINPA LEVELS OF EXCITEMENT
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    6 CPhT CEs credits completed in 3 hours last night. Deadline is two days from now. 2 credits left. Bring it.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I beat Zero Time Dilemma. It's...over. My favorite series of games ever has concluded. There's still more I want to know. But I guess this is all I get? Unless they decide to release something beyond the three games, but...

Man, I'd totally read, watch, play, listen, anything an epilogue to all this...

I'm sad, but it's a rave because we almost didn't get this game. For a long time it looked like we never would, but it happened. So I'm glad it ended, because that means I got to have it at all. 

Plaudite, acta est fabula.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Rave that @Phoebus finished first so I can explode my feelings at her as I continue through ZTD.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I just discovered the term "bro-country", and can now adequately articulate why I, who grew up listening to country music and who still loves the band Alabama, have utterly abandoned the genre. Yes, this is a Rave, a rave for learning!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Plaudite, et plorate?
  • Flu, pneumonia, strep... family finally on the mend with green lights from the doctors that all is finally coming along where it should be.

^:)^

Now here's hoping I don't catch what -they- had...  :-SS [-O<
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Did the first of three weddings this summer. Weddings always make me nervous :( . But this one went great--the couple were as laidback and lowkey today as they had been since we started meeting, everything went off without a hitch, people laughed and cheered and cried.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited July 2016
    Pokemon Go was officially released today!!

(Or at least it was here in New Zealand... Sometimes I'm kinda happy in a way that I live in a tiny little country like this...)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Salome said:
    I'm off in Jojobo. The hot tub, pool, sun and booze - and long naps - are just what the doctor ordered. Sorry Mama Night, I'm getting a tan and smell like pina coladas.

Update: Missing everyone. I'm catching up on mafia. If anyone needs me remotely pm me here. Or have @Tremula text me.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Pokemon Go is live!

sn is Orventa, though I'm stuck sick in bed to walk around and test more.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Sakaki said:
    Pokemon Go was officially released today!!

(Or at least it was here in New Zealand... Sometimes I'm kinda happy in a way that I live in a tiny little country like this...)
    I managed to get it in Canada. I'M SO HAPPY. It was my birthday gift.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    If you get an opportunity to watch Sing Street, grab it. One of those films that leaves you with a stupid happy grin on your face.