the Expedition - a Pokémon Mafia game. (GAME OVER. SYLANDRA WINS. TOWN WINS.)

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I can check in - nothing really happened to me last night.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Oh, but I will ask who did Othero watch (any result?)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce said:
    Usharaa I don't remember saying I'd gotten a glimpse of anyone?

I'm inclined to beleive the 'personal invitee' is the third party messaging. I was invited by Alec personally as well, and having 3-4 in a group of 27 makes some kind of sense. If we assume 2 mafia groups of 3, plus 4 3rd party, that's 17 town. 15 if it's 4:4:4.

If so it's going to be damned tricky for me to win since I have to pair you all off before you die...

Though if anyone else wants to cop to being third party, now might be a reeeeeally good time.
    To clarify what I mean by this: I've failed twice to unite a pair of lovers. If we assume 4 3rd party, 3 are dead and I've outright said I'm 3rd party. This means that of the four people I tried to pair up last, at least two are likely mafia. It would be irresponsible of me to have that information on my side with Town getting lynch happy.
  • My up until page 15 feedback, though, is that I'm getting a strange vibe from Melali. Nothing I can put a finger on yet. When I started reading page 1 there were 44 pages in the thread, now I see 48. This might take a while. :(
  • Well, when you can put a finger on it, lay it on me! I have confidence that I can answer all your questions about me to your satisfaction.
  • Lay It On Me was a great Kelly Rowland song. 
  • Kelly > Beyonce
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Iosion said:
    I always associate Sylveon with rainbows and fluffies...this game is really shattering the chaste shield that surrounded my child-like perspective of the Pokemon world.

Digressing: @Krackenor, dayblock?

Not so far as I can tell. Flavor feels similar to Lady Macbeth's 'you are now easier to lynch' power from the Shakespeare game, but it might be a false equivalency.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Luce said:
    If we assume 2 mafia groups of 3, plus 4 3rd party, that's 17 town. 15 if it's 4:4:4.
    Two different mafia groups? Does that ever happen? I dunno, with this many people I might expect there could also be a significant number of third parties involved. Yours and Rolsand's win conditions, being pretty much independent of the town/mafia struggle, are unlike anything I've ever played with. Also at this point your win condition seems extraordinarily hard to pull off (which admittedly makes me a little suspicious).

Welcome to the madness, @Weiwae!
  • Luce is probably this or some variant of. So it's likely he only needs to pair up living people, which can be a lot easier towards the end of this.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    We were told up front there were two different mafias. I think.

I'm gonna leave this off for about a day, but if everyone either responds or doesn't, I'm comfortable sharing the pairs I (didn't) get.
  • I gigglesnorted at that role with the part about the hooker. Oh my god.

Uh, I left for like an hour and came back to 111 posts so.. ugh.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Melali said:
    Well, when you can put a finger on it, lay it on me! I have confidence that I can answer all your questions about me to your satisfaction.
    I'm not who that was directed towards, but while you're offering, I actually did have something I wanted to ask you.

Why did you feel safe revealing as much as you did about your Intimidate yesterday? It was pretty obvious that Rolsand was not lying about having Magnitude, and I doubt (one hopes, at least) that it would've actually been set off. Even if it had been, you could have used Intimidate to stop it before it finished without revealing the information about the move and its limitations beforehand. You gave up far too much on a potentially useful ability, for very little benefit. And then, after demonstrating said useful ability, you and your Pokemon weren't anyone's targets last night. I can't help but be wary.
  • I had the same  concerns.

Though, devil's advocate, now that the ability is known, it's less useful. Bluffing active abilities, for example, won't work so long as she is active. 
  • Do mean it's not any less useful?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Cyndarin, just to check, did you or did you not get jailed last night?
  • @Phoebus: The reason I revealed my ability is because I wanted Rolsand to reveal his power/his lack of power. If I hadn't revealed, I agree that it would not likely be set off, which would mean that Rolsand would still be an unknown. Also, I wanted an opportunity to use my power to gain exp, which I doubt will happen often since I have to wait until someone uses their power, and have to use my Pokemon's ability right after they use their's.

As for if I was targeted, I actually don't know if I was. I didn't get any notice that I was.

@Cyndarin: I am a guy. I have a little male symbol in my picture. Melali == Male
  • Othero said:
    Cyndarin, just to check, did you or did you not get jailed last night?
    I didn't.
    Melali said:

@Cyndarin: I am a guy. I have a little male symbol in my picture. Melali == Male
    So it's been said. Imma still get it wrong. #sorrynotsorry
  • @Melali, I took no night actions, no Pokemon actions, and didn't even receive so much as a night message from @Tremula.

Meanwhile, re: Melali and information, yeah, there're a couple of items in his summaries that have been possibly inaccurate... jumping to conclusions that while reasonable aren't necessarily correct.
  • I'm pretty sure everything in that post that wasn't explicitly said had either "implying", "pointing to", "probably", or "I think". If you can find an instance where that isn't the case, feel free to point it out.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I had the same  concerns.

Though, devil's advocate, now that the ability is known, it's less useful. Bluffing active abilities, for example, won't work so long as she is active. 
    While true, causing it to become less useful by his own, pointless action is one of the reasons why it's so suspicious. There was practically no reason to do so. If they are town-aligned, that's a powerful ace up our sleeve that just got cut in effectiveness for barely any benefit to us. All of the benefit from this reveal helped Melali, and Melali only. His flashy use of a power can be called back on later as proof of why the town should trust him, even though its actual application was practically useless to us, and he gained experience towards evolution in the process.

Melali said:
    @Phoebus: The reason I revealed my ability is because I wanted Rolsand to reveal his power/his lack of power. If I hadn't revealed, I agree that it would not likely be set off, which would mean that Rolsand would still be an unknown. Also, I wanted an opportunity to use my power to gain exp, which I doubt will happen often since I have to wait until someone uses their power, and have to use my Pokemon's ability right after they use their's.

As for if I was targeted, I actually don't know if I was. I didn't get any notice that I was.

Did anyone really think that Rolsand was lying about having Magnitude? Even if a few people didn't buy it, it was a pretty wasteful exchange. Maybe I'd write it off as simply being a bad play if you weren't also coming off as so pushy in regards to information gathering. I'm not saying I'm totally convinced you're guilty of anything, but you're definitely on my list of suspicious individuals.

• Melali said:
    I'm pretty sure everything in that post that wasn't explicitly said had either "implying", "pointing to", "probably", or "I think". If you can find an instance where that isn't the case, feel free to point it out.
    Just "implying" things is pretty much all we do here. You're putting those theories out there, just clarifying them with a "maybe" doesn't really remove any responsibility from you.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I think we are putting lots of heat on Melali right now and while that's not a bad thing by itself, I think it's taking away from some other topics I want discussed.

@Salome your post you made in response to my question before seemed really vague. Can you clarify it for me in mafia terms, not flavor terms? Is that a fancy way of saying nothing happened to you, or are you saying something did happen?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Re: the Rolsand using Earthquake. I still stand by wanting to see it used during the day, because all the reports we got on how exactly it affected people still seem inconsistent to me, and I'm convinced somebody was lieing and using it to cover something up, or at least stir up as much confusion as possible.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can always match Melali with someone this night phase if we don't lynch him and are still suspicious.
  • Melali said:
    Well, when you can put a finger on it, lay it on me! I have confidence that I can answer all your questions about me to your satisfaction.
    By page 19 I'm less suspicious than I was by page 15. However, a few of your early posts sounded to me like fishing for basic information about the Town even though they were disguised as idle banter or helpful summaries.

I must get some sleep. I hope to finish pages 20-50 tomorrow. (It's getting a bit easier to tell which posts aren't relevant)
    Everything is relevant in mafia - everything

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    LETTUCE etc.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @Phoebus: It also helped Rolsand in determining that he was trustworthy, and it was a major reason he wasn't lynched. Granted, that became defunct after he got killed in the night, but at the time it was helping him. Additionally, us not lynching Rolsand led to lynching Kilee, who turned out to be the Serial Killer. 

I did really think that Rolsand was lying about having Magnitude. Here is a power that nobody wants him to use and that's also very similar to a power already used. In my mind, my usage fulfilled two roles: it revealed, for certain, that Rolsand had a Sandshrew, and that his Sandshrew knew Magnitude. Is that not an investigative usage?

Additionally, the knowledge that there is a Pokemon ability to block Pokemon abilities that can be used reactively instead of randomly will probably inhibit the Mafia's actions. Does it bring up the possibility that the Mafia will work together, to use multiple actions in one turn so that I have to choose who to block? Sure. However, that would be a risk after I used the move once. To me, I was just biting the bullet a little sooner in order to get an immediate reward. Also, my move may change, either when my Pokemon evolves or through an event. 
  • Lehki said:
    Melali said:
    I'm pretty sure everything in that post that wasn't explicitly said had either "implying", "pointing to", "probably", or "I think". If you can find an instance where that isn't the case, feel free to point it out.
    Just "implying" things is pretty much all we do here. You're putting those theories out there, just clarifying them with a "maybe" doesn't really remove any responsibility from you.
    Yes, it doesn't remove responsibility from me. I didn't mean for it to. That post was meant to address what people (Thul, Cyndarin) said about my first post today being inaccurate. By couching the statements that were supposition with those words, I was signalling that those were my thoughts on the matter and not fact. Whereas, the rest of the post were summarizations or quotes of what other people said happened to them last night.