Real World Raves

Comments

• Had a sit down with a potential roommate today: went better than I could have possibly ever expected. Panic mode is over, now I just need to clean and dejunk and get ready to get out.

Weight lifted!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I might actually be well enough to log in today! YAY! I'VE WANTED TO PLAY FOR SO LONG!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's almost 70F here! I thought this day would never come.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Diana Gabaldon has a new book out and it's been adapted into a TV series. HA! HAHAHA!

for those of you who don' tknow Jamie fraser and Claire Beauchamp. You're missing out. Picked it up as a teen and I've been hooked since!

is dead like the dodo
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Raves for my landlord who finally got around to installing a new stovetop unit in the flat I live in ^____^

Up until now, we could only have one element going at a time because the stove was so old, if more than one element was on, both would only run at around half their intended temperature.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • http://www.amazon.com/1TB-2-5-840-EVO-SATAIII/dp/B00GF4GUEA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1401229682&sr=8-6&keywords=1tb+2.5+840+evo+sataiii+ssd

I knew SSDs were expensive, but apparently this one retails for $27,080,016.00.

But worry not, this one is marked down.  Save $27,079,903.01 by ordering now.  Only 5 left, lol.
    Stangmar - Retired

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    My bat house has bats again. The woodchuck that took up residence under the tool shed last year has returned too.
  • Off-handedly mention to my friend over breakfast last week that I and my wife don't have a room for our yearly home con in Dec [we usually commute anyway], he pulls out his phone and arranges us into a room within 5 minutes... fast forward to today and our plans are set and we're rooming with mutual friends. 

Bozo even said he'd pay for us to stay if he had to... I have nice, if weird, friends. 

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Stangmar said:
    http://www.amazon.com/1TB-2-5-840-EVO-SATAIII/dp/B00GF4GUEA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1401229682&sr=8-6&keywords=1tb+2.5+840+evo+sataiii+ssd

But worry not, this one is marked down.  Save $27,079,903.01 by ordering now.  Only 5 left, lol.
    Is... is that for real?
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • I think it was just a typo, but I can't figure out what they were trying to type.

Anyways, it's fixed now :(
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    http://www.amazon.com/1TB-2-5-840-EVO-SATAIII/dp/B00GF4GUEA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1401229682&sr=8-6&keywords=1tb+2.5+840+evo+sataiii+ssd

Stangmar said:
    I think it was just a typo, but I can't figure out what they were trying to type.

Anyways, it's fixed now :(

I was about to say, I don't see any 27 million dollar SSD (or at a discount of ~100), I would buy that a TB SSD for 100.  >.>
    Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:

With that kind of sale, how can you say no??

Neat to finally see some 1 TB SSDs around though. 
  • Stangmar said:
    <picture>

For a moment, as I looked at this screenshot, I thought was stupid at math, but then I realized you did type the price wrong in your original post.
  • You caught me.  

Stangmar - Retired

• I'm finally starting to feel better, and I've found out that over the past 2-3 weeks I've lost 5lbs without really trying. Go me! I'm exercising a lot more out of necessity (commute from work has to be by bike for the month of June) so I'm hoping to see some really good results in 4 weeks.
  • Yay, no more time-consuming face to face class. And got an A!
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Alik said:
    So.. my wife's grandmother died a few days ago and we had to fly out for the funeral and it was a crazy few days. We left the house a wreck because of all the hectic packing and I had to work two double shifts to cover my week. I was really dreading coming home to a nasty house but when I got home, some of my friends had "broken in" (with the key I gave them) and cleaned the house, washed and folded all our clothes, washed all of our dirty dishes, and then left us a bowl of fresh fruit on the kitchen table. 

How could I ever not have hope for humanity with people like them and most of the people like you around?
    If you ignore them and us and turn on the cable news 24/7....I bet it wouldn't take 3 days to lose hope in humanity.
    Stangmar - Retired

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Lusternia's why I lost hope in humanity...
  • Munsia said:
    Lusternia's why I lost hope in humanity...
    You're one of the main reasons why I lost hope in humanity.
  • Every once in a while it is nice to see your tax money go to something that you can make good use of. In this case, it seems I am eligible for a series of 4 hours of job coaching at just 40 euros, where the government will pay the rest of the price. It's estimated at about 400 euros total worth. If that proves insufficient or I want more in-depth advice, I can even pay 40 euros extra and get a second series. Seems this has only been a thing for about a year, and thus relatively unknown, but this is exactly what I need right now :) Glad this was brought to my attention, I'm reviewing job coach places right now.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Alik said:
    So.. my wife's grandmother died a few days ago and we had to fly out for the funeral and it was a crazy few days. We left the house a wreck because of all the hectic packing and I had to work two double shifts to cover my week. I was really dreading coming home to a nasty house but when I got home, some of my friends had "broken in" (with the key I gave them) and cleaned the house, washed and folded all our clothes, washed all of our dirty dishes, and then left us a bowl of fresh fruit on the kitchen table. How could I ever not have hope for humanity with people like them and most of the people like you around?
    Really wish I could like AND agree, or like more than once. :(
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?