General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Thank you, everyone is still in shock. It's like it's just too much to wrap your head around. I swear my first reaction was to feel bad about not being pro gun rights. I thought that maybe if he had a gun it wouldn't have been quite so awful.

There was no, oh my gawd three people just died horrible screaming deaths. It was like what the hell, why didn't someone get this asshole a gun. It's just so unreal.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Siam said:
    I decided to finally quit smoking on the 11th. EVERYDAY IS A STRUGGLE SINCE.
    You can do it!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Siam said:
    I decided to finally quit smoking on the 11th. EVERYDAY IS A STRUGGLE SINCE.
    My dad, stepmom and stepbrother are all quitting. I told them about a smartphone app named QuitNow and they all seem to like it quite a bit for the motivation. Look into it, every little bit helps. Keep at it man, it sucks right now but you will have a lifetime worth of benefits.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Manflu, ugh.

Back to several days of sweating profusely while shivering because my body thinks I'm freezing my arse off, and all the while everything tastes like shite.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Thanks you guys. :) 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    We're getting a lot of long-awaited work done around our house (which is a rave), however yesterday the workers managed to cut our underground data cable. The phone company have done a quick splice job, but until it's fixed properly with new cable we are stuck with horribly slow internet. It feels like I'm back on an old dial-up modem and it suuuuuuuucks.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    The end of the last 3 days. :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited August 2014
    First time using CloudFlare as a CDN. Can't access cPanel anymore and not sure if that is because the DNS records are still updating or because I messed something up. 

Edit: It's because I am a dumbass and the port is blocked at work.
    Edit 2: Sorry for calling myself a dumbass @Iasmos. Better now? :P
    Edit 3: Seems it was swearing I got flagged for, so fixed that.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Rialorm said:
    First time using CloudFlare as a CDN. Can't access cPanel anymore and not sure if that is because the DNS records are still updating or because I fucked something up. 

Edit: It's because I am a dumbass and the port is blocked at work.
    Edit 2: Sorry for calling myself a dumbass @Iasmos. Better now? :P
    So you got flagged for abusing... yourself?  Huh.  Weird!
  • You can abuse yourself, if you like. It's the swearing to which I object.

• It is against forum rules. I personally feel it is unnecessary. Even @Xenthos has told me (privately, of course) that this is a valid use of the abuse flag.

Also, it's very on-topic, as I am dissatisfied.

• Iasmos said:
    You can abuse yourself, if you like. It's the swearing to which I object.
    I didn't even detect that until you pointed it out because it is such regular speech for me, and I didn't realize it was a forum rule although that makes sense. Reworded it and edited it out. I can has flag removed please? :( Will watch my language from now on.
  • Came home from my weekend trip on Sunday to find that my landlord/roommate is not around.  Finally found out that he checked himself into a mental hospital for depression and suicidal thoughts, which he had done previously in December.  He should be home within a week or two hopefully.  At least he decided to get help. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Iasmos said:
    You can abuse yourself, if you like. It's the swearing to which I object.

Iasmos said:
    You can abuse yourself, if you

Iasmos said:
    You can abuse yourself
    I'm dissatisfied with your priorities. Please remove your disagree flag.

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Karlach said:
    I find myself dissatisfied with the general misuse and provocation of flags these days. I haven't seen this many incorrect flags being thrown since the NFL had replacement referees.
    I want you to know, in a slightly offtopic way, that I laughed at this analogy. Congratulations on having amused me!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Karlach said:
    I'm not sure how someone calling themselves a dumb mule is swearing.

You are mistaken on two points: that was not the swearing part (hint: Xenthos still has it in a quote) and I removed the flag seconds after she edited her post. I will agree, however, that flags are being misused.

Iasmos said:
    Karlach said:
    I'm not sure how someone calling themselves a dumb mule is swearing.

You are mistaken on two points: that was not the swearing part (hint: Xenthos still has it in a quote) and I removed the flag seconds after she edited her post. I will agree, however, that flags are being misused.
    You are absolutely right.  There is an individual on the forums who feels he can use the flags whenever he wants, for whatever he wants, and it is completely fine for him to do so (even when there is no logical reason to anyone but the individual himself, such as Maligorn's posts above, posts in the Funnies, or the plethora of other examples contained on these forums).  Yet, when those same people flag him back with the exact same sort of reasoning, it is considered "abuse" or "misuse".

I have made it absolutely clear that I'd prefer less use of the negative flags.  Unfortunately, it has become most evident that the only way to get across this message to this individual is to allow him to experience the exact same sort of thing that he gives out; yes, he finds this quite dissatisfying, but you know what?  I do too.  I would far prefer that he had listened to one of the many conversations we have had on the subject, or had actually stuck with his promise to stop using the negative flags any more at all.

I do not like using them, and I (on principle) refuse to do so except when an individual has started flagging posts themselves (except for truly abusive posts which can and should be flagged for immediate review / reported to the Oneiroi).  I would even go so far as to say that I'd like to just see the Off Topic / Disagree flags gone entirely because I feel that they add nothing at all to the forums, except for more dissatisfaction and disgruntlement.  The Abuse flag exists for abusive posts, the Oneiroi can be messaged if things go on too long, and if they are having issues with moderating time they can appoint another moderator or two.
    Disagree flags should come with a pop up that you have to enter a reason why you disagree. Otherwise it's non constructive criticism.

Anyway we're now going off topic.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Don't worry, got your flag

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • After two days of troubleshooting and trying every convoluted suggestion the internet can offer, I've finally given into the fact that my main PC is just not going to connect to the internet ever again for apparently zero reasons.

Whiiiiiiiine.
  • I have never been as angry over a forum post as when I saw that Iasmos flagged ixion's quest post.
    Marcella said:
    I have never been as angry over a forum post as when I saw that Iasmos flagged ixion's quest post.
    He is trying to police this rule:

8. Watch your language. This is self-explanatory. If you're not sure whether the swearing you're about to do violates this rule, just assume it does. Profanity includes the most minor to the most vulgar, and modified swear words may still constitute swearing.

Note that the rule specifically leaves an opening to use swear words, as long as it is not offensive.  To quote it again: "If you're not sure whether the swearing you're about to do violates this rule, just assume it does."  And this is coming from someone who does not like to swear and avoids it pretty much entirely (as @Kelly, @Xena, @Iorwen, etc. can attest).  I really do not feel as if Ixion's post violates the rule in any way, so, yeah.

The forum policeman is on the case!
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Well shit
  • Munsia said:
    Well shit
    Stop fuckin swearing.  
    Stangmar - Retired

edited August 2014
    The problem with policing a swearing flag, is outside of the accepted three (f##k, s##t and c##t) what constitutes as swearing and what doesn't is purely subjective, based on dialect and personal opinion.

Personal opinion is not objective when trying to police the forum. For example if someone is going to flag people for use of bloody, crap, bollocks, cock, piss and wanker then I'll fail to give a rat's arse for their objection to my use of language, that is acceptable pre water shed in the UK (just watch an episode of Top Gear some time) and merely come to the opinion they're just being an trolling dick.