Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I'm very suspicious of @Melali right now but I do want to at least hear what she has to say before I vote.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yarith said:
    Nah, I jailed Luce. 
    Rude. (Not that I'm surprised.)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm cool with you guys lynching: Yarith, Synkarin, Melali. I think they are all shady right now.

(Also poor Melali is a dude.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    ITT: EVERYONE IS GIRLS. Especially the guys.
    My bad. I'm sorry Melali!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Eye'm not shady, Eye'm the unshadiest

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    @Siam did you say you noticed being jailed on a night you didn't act?
    That was niggling at me too, I thought it was established that people who were jailed by Yarith noticed it even if they didn't act. Which makes Yarith and Luce both super suspicious.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Ushaara said:
    @Siam did you say you noticed being jailed on a night you didn't act?
    I did. Having been jailed more than once by Yarith, I can confirm that you receive a message when he jails you.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Luce said:
    Yarith said:
    Nah, I jailed Luce. 
    Rude. (Not that I'm surprised.)
    WAIT, BUT LUCE DIDN'T NOTICE????

This rabbit's pants are on fire, guys.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • No no no. Siam noticed every block because of his power interacting weirdly with blocks. No one else will notice a block if the power didn't block something.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    ...well damn.

Phooey.
    Daraius said:
  • Gee. I'm sorry for clarifying mechanics so there's no mistakes made due to miscommunication. <3
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    Can we get a mod confirmation that I forgot to do my action too?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:
    Can we get a mod confirmation that I forgot to do my action too?
    I think that part doesn't happen. If you forget to act, it's on you. Mods confirm stuff that's mod-specific, not player-specific in my experience.
    Daraius said:
    I know it doesn't, but I figured if the mod was going to confirm Yarith's action, she could at least expand to include others. It's rough when mods start confirming stuff as we've seen in the past

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Other question while waiting for Melali, what cards did you get/replace if you went outside your gate @Tremula?
    Well it wasn't confirmation Luce was blocked, just that not everyone would notice being blocked.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I was slightly surprised when I didn't get blocked, honestly. I was going to get the 'Thundering Carp Storm', but when the stats were shown to me I decided to keep the Buddha one in case I need to win at danmaku. It's fairly strong. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Again, I don't find that particularly credible. We all saw Thundering Carp Storm when Zitto flipped, and that does nothing to convince me you only started with one card.

I'm good with resilience/ability/vote duel, but let's see your Buddha card in action.

Tremula, time for judgement. Face my Judgement of the Heavens!
    (that's spellcard challenge, rather than a power!)
  • Lavinya said:
    Well it wasn't confirmation Luce was blocked, just that not everyone would notice being blocked.
    This. I'm reiterating information that has been stated earlier. If you don't perform a night action, you don't notice a block. The exception is Siam who does something, despite doing nothing. That is, he protects his pagoda. I feel I can be open about this because Siam's role has already been wholly revealed.
  • Last night, the only thing I did was checking to see if Yarith is immune to nightkills. I did not use my vigilante powers on anyone. (Yarith is immune to nightkills.)

While my character's flavor might present itself as similar to the killing method, Tamashi's kill method is also similar, meaning that it would not just be me who would kill with danmaku battles. Also, I'm guessing that if/when I do kill somebody, it'll be through pummeling them, and then knocking them out of the shrine, homerun style.

Also, let us assume that I'm telling the truth about only having a one-off vigilante power. If I were Town, why would I kill Ssaliss, someone who can copy any power, giving us more options? And if I were Mafia, part of a group that must have an unlimited amount of nightkills, why would I use my 1-shot vigilante kill?

On the other hand, if I were Mafia and possessed an unlimited amount of nightkills, why would I say that I only have one? It would make more sense for me to say that I had a vigilante power, which I wasn't using, with an additional investigation power on who could be killed. That way, if I were seen killing multiple people, I wouldn't be caught lying. Or I would just not mention any killing power at all, and hope no one saw me kill.

To summarize: Flavor alone doesn't condemn me, as others have been shown having similar flavor to the killer. Me claiming the power I have doesn't make sense if I were Mafia with a stable nightkill. Me killing him with the power I have claimed doesn't make sense whether I am Mafia or Town.
  • I really want to hear Yarith explain his night protection. 
  • Sorry for my quietness recently... It's been a busy few days. To confirm, yes I saw synkarin visit Melali the night before last, and nobody else paid him a visit. 

In more current news, am I the only one who has noticed that the list of Yarith's powers just keep growing and changing as the game goes on? I think we need honesty and transparency, and soon.
  • You know what, to add to the pressure and not allow the day to run out on us again I'll just go ahead and Vote Yarith
    Unvote
    Vote: Yarith

I'm down to pressure. 

I say after Yarith's explanation, we pick someone and go. Don't want a repeat of last night. I think people are getting bored to be honest.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Yeah the lack of flips kills the suspense a bit.
    Daraius said:
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I know a lot of us have been put under suspicion, but without flips there's not a lot of ways to validate claims and go forward. It's not that I'm bored, I just feel we're all afraid of reaching MyLo and not realising it. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."