Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• I am hesitant to be hyped as there is little to no information on the Glomdoring factions outside of names...
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm already p excited.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lavinya said:
    Our names suck. I said it. I also don't really know what each is really entailing because it seems the divine coordinating with the clan have been quiet lately? I don't know, totally out of the loop. I would like to know more so I can get excited though, for sure.
    Nocht was supposed to post a whole thing about our latest talks with Estarra, but that was months ago and now he's absent. Maybe @Estarra can talk with them or send what they have. The clan hasn't heard much since then. They are working titles after all. And I'm sure we want more suggestions on faction titles.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Lavinya said:
    Our names suck. I said it. I also don't really know what each is really entailing because it seems the divine coordinating with the clan have been quiet lately? I don't know, totally out of the loop. I would like to know more so I can get excited though, for sure.
    Come2Gaudi and be a prankster with me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I think Wyrden Imperium sounds really cool, but the other two are a bit lacking.
  • edited June 2016
    I had one discussion with @Eliron and @Stratas in regards to what we want to preserve of the Guild and its identity when things go to factions, I think @Silvanus is in the clan for planning, im not, so I have no idea what is going to happen when it comes to these changes, and it seems everyone else in my Org is just as uncertain, though perhaps someone has the golden ticket on the ideas and planning.

I agree with Falmiis, Wyrden Imperium sounds cool, Evolutionists I was legitimately like ..what.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Maroon Squad
  • edited June 2016
    Agreed, Evolutionists feels more than a bit bland and doesn't really seem to fit in with the whole Glom theme. (at least that is my opinion, but then again I've had stuff all to do with the overarching glom setup)

*renames them "Lackeys of Xynthin and flees"
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • See this is exactly what the problem is. I think evolutionists sounds like the MOST glommy of them all (of course, the caveat being that I've been playing Lusty for all of ten minutes). But that's because it's such an utterly ambiguous word that it could mean absolutely anything to absolutely anybody, I think that without a good deal more detail, it's impossible for us to even guess what any of these factions actually stand for, and potentially damaging to enter into such discussion. What I'd say we should focus on is that things are at an advanced enough stage that the godmin at least have an idea of what the factions are going to feel like. And that's exciting.
  • edited June 2016
    Goon squad sounds cool.
  • So do you have to join a faction to learn skills etc like you did with guilds or can you choose to stay out of the factions entirely?

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I like the Evolutionists theme for Glom

I dislike the name Evolutionists

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited June 2016
    Wyrden Imperium honestly sounds too city-like. The Evolutionists definitely gives off the vibe of mutation/experimentation a la Gib Gladheart becoming the Ebonglom Wyrm via Taint-soup from Rowena and co.
    See you in Sapience.

• Falmiis said:
    I think Wyrden Imperium sounds really cool, but the other two are a bit lacking.
    The problem with this one is the definition of Imperium makes it seem like this one stands above the other two and that the other two are subordinate factions.

Evolutionists is a Glom theme but not one that belong to just glom. One can argue that mag would be knee deep in them as well given how the taint created Viscanti.  I thinkn the name for Evolutionists needs to be brought more in line with what gloms sees it as over just being a generic evolutionists name.
    I agree with Synkarin on it, the theme is perfect especially if well fleshed out. The name is the issue.

Augurs I sm on the fence about as again I feel it is to generic of a name on its own, however with that said I doubt any other city/commune would be watching the birds as signs of things. (except maybe Celest cus Trillialal?. god I cant spell that)

• Makaela said:
    (... Trillialal?. god I cant spell that)

Just type tlllllllllllllll. Autocorrect's got your back brah.
  • Could someone -- ANYONE -- please always remind me to turn logging on during peekays?  ~X(
    See you in Sapience.
  • Put a flashy trigger on the masochism remission line maybe?
  • Leolamins said:
    So do you have to join a faction to learn skills etc like you did with guilds or can you choose to stay out of the factions entirely?
    What we've been told is that class skills will be separate from factions so you can just not be in a faction if you don't want to be and be whatever city/commune-permitted class you want.

Hopefully that didn't sound too rambling-y.
    Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • For Hallifax, I have a peeve with the Institute of Cosmic Understanding and Pragmatic Research. A third of the name is the exact copy of the city's collegium (University of Cosmic Understanding).
    See you in Sapience.
    Did I miss something where new names are announced? My connection has been shaky lately.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Preliminary names were announced. I am not entirely sure why people are saying they do not like them though, the announce specifically says that these are not the final names we are going with for everyone (that is the reason I am not making a fuss, at least :p ).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Twytch said:
    For Hallifax, I have a peeve with the Institute of Cosmic Understanding and Pragmatic Research. A third of the name is the exact copy of the city's collegium (University of Cosmic Understanding).
    This one, plus Adom's Collective should be literally all of Hallifax, and Visionaries makes it sound like the other two factions are just full of sheeple. >.>
    Oh man not to add to the haters/fuss but I hope that's true, @Xenthos, re: names not being final. I'm cringing at a few.

Daraius said:
  • I have issues with all three of Celest's faction names, which "MAY OR MAY NOT CHANGE".

Like the announce post says, I'll have to work with our Org patron to see abou... wait, what Org patron?

• re: @Eldanien - I do believe you all have a certain clam-y ephemeral who is helping mitigate the lack of Patron?
  • I've seen the being once, and not recently.  I wasn't aware that the ephemeral was a Patron substitute for us, though now I'll be sure to hit them up.

• A clam and a goblin shark in a bubble tank. What has the world come to!
    See you in Sapience.
  • edited June 2016
    New Glom faction name:

GLOMAZONS
     (ladies only)
    Does the gender requirement hinge upon a birth document, physical hardware, or one's state of mind?

edit: Bad joke.  I live in NC at the moment, where the only news worth talking about is HB2.

This discussion has been closed.